As the ideal candidate you possess a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in accounting for large scale construction projects. You have proven skills in the implementation and application of budgetary controls for construction projects. You possess all the core competencies to perform this role as well as are able to multi-task and manage your time effectively.
• overseeing all aspects of construction project accounting.
• insuring that financial reports are forwarded to the financial institution to enable the prompt release of funds.
• implementing and applying accounting controls to construction projects.
• reviewing contracts to ensure accurate disbursements of funds to sub-trades.
• assisting the project manager in the preparation of the construction budgets.
• assisting in the preparation of financial statements and year end file.
• preparing gst & pst reimbursement requests applicable to construction projects.
• performing all other tasks related to the position of project accountant.
• dec in accounting combined with 3 to 4 years of experience a similar construction related position.
• computer literacy in word, excel, space (asset), etc.
• bilingualism (french & english) is preferred.
• able to perform with minimal supervision.
• strong initiative.
• strong problem solving skills.
• high work standards.
• strong communicator both orally and in written form.
The masculine gender is used without discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Bertone promotes the inclusion and diversity of its resources. we are committed to continuing to create an inclusive work environment. All application responses will be treated equally.