You have proven skills in negotiating and managing construction contracts. You have experience in estimating manpower, materials, and project overhead. You possess all the key skills to perform this role and are also able to work in a multi-tasking environment while using your time efficiently.
• Manage bidding procedures, review and analyze bids, recommend contract assignments and participate in negotiations.
• Establishes and maintains the bidding process and establishes monitoring and cost reporting systems and procedures.
• Prepares estimates of probable material, labor and equipment costs for construction projects based on contract bids, quotes, drawings and specifications.
• Prepare reports and forecasts of costs and expenditures at regular intervals throughout the life of a project.
• Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
• Liaise, communicate, and consult with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• In collaboration with the project manager, develop construction projects and prepare construction progress reports.
• Provide overall administration/technical direction to meet design, budget and schedule guidelines.
• A strong team player, with proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization and high communication skills.
• Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with concrete results.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify tangible results as well as develop action plans to achieve them.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• DEC in architectural technology or BAC in engineering in a related discipline with a minimum of 7 years experience as a construction estimator.
• Fluency in french is required, english is an asset.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be available outside of regular working hours.
• Computer skills in word, excel, AutoCAD, etc.